COVID GUIDELINES & FAQ'S
DANCING SAFELY IN ALERT 2
We can all play our part in limiting the spread of the virus, by taking personal responsibility for our health and acting accordingly to respect the members of our community who may be higher risk. Here is how we are managing this at our studios :
What dancers /parents need to do?
- Sanitise your hands on entry/exit to the studio & continue to thoroughly wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Waiting Room is closed to visitors. Dancers will not congregate in the waiting room & should arrive/depart on time dressed ready for class
- Parents/caregivers who come on premise MUST fill in the Contact Tracing Register at the entrance door. You can only enter the studio if your young child needs assistance. Social distancing of 1-2metres must be maintained between adults and other children. Enrolled dancers do not need to fill in the Register as attendance is taken in class.
- Unwell dancers must stay at home until you are well enough to return to class. 48hours no symptoms apply. This includes visitors & family members.
- Make sure you are eating nourishing food, staying hydrated and getting sufficient rest
What are we doing?
- Hand sanitizer will be available at entrance & in each studio
- Classes will end 3-5mins early so teachers can clean high touch surfaces such as barres & door handles
- Paper towel dispensers have been installed in the bathroom (no longer hand towels).
- Safe physical distance of 1 metre will be maintained at all times in classes. We have purchased more non-slip floor mats to help with this in class
- Maximum of 12 dancers in each class
- No contact work
- No “body touch” teaching correction policy will be used by staff
- Any props used in class will be thoroughly cleaned after use.
WANTING TO RETURN TO DANCE ?
If you now wish to resume weekly classes at the studio and were unable to participate in online classes - please get back in touch. You are very welcome to rejoin us, but please start back from next week (before May 23) to be able to participate in the rest of Term 2 classes.
WE WILL RETURN TO ONLINE CLASSES IF WE MOVE BACK TO ALERT LEVEL 3
How do we find out about ONLINE classes?
Your teacher will post zoom meeting links on Movitae for dancers. This helps dancers manage their own class times too. The Studio Manager will also send parents an email. If you want your son or daughter to receive the details via email directly, please inform the Studio Manager of this.
How long will Tem 2 classes run for?
Monday 27 April to Saturday 4 July
Online learning is not working for my daughter/son. What's on offer for us?
Stay in touch with us and let us know of your personal situation by email/phone. You are welcome to return to studio classes at Level 2, if you are already a current dancer in the school. The Studio Manager will make a note on the class role & we hope to see you back soon.